Saturday, November 22, 2008

NaNoWriMo -- The words keep on rollin'

NaNoWriMo week 4 starts monday. It's the home stretch and I'm primed for a big run.

In week three, I made the biggest strides, yet, to eat away at my word shortage. TECHNICALLY, there is no shortage. The first two days of the month I spent trying to finish the short story I was working on. That was about 3000 words over those two days, but I chose not to include those in my NaNo project. I'm trying to keep it honest.

Heading into week 4, I'm 1.6 days behind. If I hold the productivity that I've been making than I'll cross 50K with a couple days to spare. I will have won NaNoWriMO. It will be my biggest writing achievement to date. That leads to the next challenge: Maintaining that productivity after NaNo is over. If I can do that, the first draft of my first novel will be done by Christmas (projecting between 80 and 100K words total.)

I guess that will be the test for whether or not I've really learned something in the month of November, then, won't it?

50K FTW!!!
^JR^

No comments: